In July 2012, Senate Bill 289 passed allowing students opportunities to take online courses in grades 3 through 12. This legislation does not require an online course to graduate, but provides an online learning option should your student or you choose this option. In addition, House Bill 175 passed establishing a clearinghouse for stakeholders to find online course providers in the state of Georgia. The letter below is to inform you about the key components of each piece of legislation and how to find online learning opportunities for your student.
Notification of Online Course Options
Online Learning Contract
Parents, if you want to keep up with the Wildcats this year, we have several ways to do so:
1. If you want the daily announcements emailed to you, please send an email to email@example.com and you’ll be added to the list. (You can always be taken off the list at your request)
2. In addition to our wonderful website (http://www.villaricahigh.com), you can also “like” our Official VRHS Facebook Page (see link below) to keep up with all the great things going on at VRHS.
3. Finally, for those who use Twitter, you can “follow” us at @VRHSWILDCATS in order to keep up with any last minute changes or cancellations.
It is my hope that you will utilize these resources this school year and that you find it easier than ever to know what is going on at VRHS!
Check out the VRHS Football website for stats, pictures, and all of the sponsors who help make Wildcat football happen.
VRHS on Facebook
VRHS Wildcats - Home of the Wildcats
VRHS - Ms. Benoskie's Class
The mission of Villa Rica High School is to provide students with academic, social, and emotional foundations and skills necessary to become high achieving, socially responsible stewards of their communities.
It is the vision of Villa Rica High School to ensure that our students will meet world class academic standards, command effective communication skills and possess levels of competence required for pursuits in higher education or gainful employment.
1. All students are unique and have the ability to learn.
2. The education of all students is a partnership among parents, school, and community.
3. All members of our school community will focus on the intellectual, physical, and emotional, and social growth and development of students.
4. A safe, orderly, and positive environment is essential for learning.
5. Students must actively participate in the development of their own education.
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2009 by SchoolDesk